Saturday, August 5, 2017

How Do I See Thee

I am on social media a lot. I have personal as well as business pages and I have 2 blogs and at least one active website that I try to keep up with. I promise to do a better job of keeping all of these things current as I move forward.  I must make the time to keep them current and give people the information they may be seeking because that is largely how most people get, research and learn their information today.  So with that said, I think I'm pretty social media savvy and keep up with some of the trends and latest things being said.
One trend that I cannot stand and wish would slow down is the SELFIE TREND!!.  You want to know why this trend is so disturbing to me.  It's screams self indulgence!!! Really you have nothing better to do than take a few selfies an hour to update your posts.  I'm going to say a few things here that will probably offend many, but it needs to be said.
  1.  Many of you are just too damn old to be taking pictures of yourself everyday as if you've changed  that much in a day to post to your social media accounts.  You were born in an era without cell phones and cell phones that record and take pictures.  The first cells to come out where so damn heavy and taking a picture wasn't a possibility.  So why do you now feel the need to document every moment of your life?  Some age better than others, but make no mistake we all age and it shows.  Taking pictures of yourself doing the most mundane of things.  Please give the rest of us a break.  You hold up lines, impose on others, risk accidents recording yourselves in your cars while driving and a whole host of other things, just to see or hear yourself talk whatever FOOLISHNESS you feel the need to share with the rest of us.  DROPPING PEARLS OF WISDOM, well DROPPING PEARLS OF BULLSHIT is more like it!!!!!  Please STOP!!!! 
  2. Most of you do not look as good as you think you do.  Many of you are out of shape and it shows!!! Too many of you are unhealthy looking all the while posing with your food and drinks at some restaurant, party, cookout, dinner dates, etc.  What we are really thinking is DAMN HE/SHE GOT FAT!!!  You have this big smile on your face right before you devour a huge plate of food.  Most of you are not eating salads either in these pictures.  It's no wonder Americans are some of the fattest, unhealthiest people in the world.  They are already messing with our food supply, do we really have to assist by making such horrible food choices?  Then these same people will take a bathing suit shot at the beach and post it!!! I don't care what your friends and family tell you, you DO NOT LOOK GOOD!!! You look like you could wrestle a polar bear with your two hands.  We as a society have become enablers because we have all decided we would rather support each other's rising weight gains, than call each other out on it.  See if I say you look beautiful and give thumbs up to pictures of fat people, then I feel better about my own fat ass not doing anything.  It gives us all the excuse we need to keep accepting that getting larger and larger is okay.  WELL IT'S NOT OKAY!!!! We are all slowly killing ourselves, yet all the while telling ourselves, big is beautiful, bigger is better, so we don't have to take our fat lazy asses to the gym and exercise.  I refuse to play into this bullshit anymore.  I'm calling GAME OVER!!! 
  3. Dressing for a body you no longer have is just sad and pitiful.  No one wants to see an old-head dressed like a teenager or hip hop artist over the age of 40.  You just look really silly.  When I see a bunch of  pictures on Facebook in a person's profile of people posing and making gestures in a certain way, I can tell they are immature because they are emulating the teenage and hip hop population.  It's usually not a good look.  I want people to be proud of who they are and how far they've come.  I want people to recognize they've earned the battle scars that life has left them with.  These scars are supposed to leave us wiser and smarter than we were before.  I am proud of my age and how far I've come in life because I know it was no easy feat and I'll be damn if I leave it unclaimed to behave like a teenager who knows JACKSHIT about life.  I can't behave like an empty headed silly little girl because I'm not one, nor do I want a man whose expression of himself reads or looks like some rapper from the hood.  
  4. Sorry but many of you aren't as cute as you think you are either.  Everybody is told they're beautiful and we all are.  Just not always on the outside.  I know this may seem mean, but it's not.  Stop making videos about how we can look like you.  We don't want to look like you!! Every person has the potential to play up what they have and again, some of us do a better job than others at this.  This is why I write and not make to many videos.  I don't assume the world wants to look at me.  Many of you make all kinds of tutorials, some helpful, some not so much because you say you have a following and they want to know.  Okay!! Just be sure !!  You care  while weaved up, wigged up, hair colored up and enough make up for 3 people.  You aren't  your natural self, but telling us all how to beautiful like you think you are.   I cannot help but to notice these things as I am a very observant person.  Honestly I think many of you are hiding under self esteem issues so you present this bravado personality that doesn't match what I see.  You folks with low self esteem only fool other folks with low self esteem.  The rest of us see right through you even when we indulge you.
I know this is a personal pet peeve of mine, but I miss the days when people dressed for the occasion.  I wish we would return to being fashionable and chic instead of trendy and tacky!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment